It's so exciting to have TikTok now including its link in bio! We're seeing a ton of earning potential on TikTok, with some influencers earning more than $2,000/day, and can't wait to help you cash in on the wave.
First, we need to go over some best practices when it comes to TikTok advertising as well as an overview of incentivisation to prevent your Plug account from being disabled.
What is the Plug?
The Plug is an invite-only platform for monetizing your social media audience through on-demand promotions for apps and games. It allows you to post as many ads as you'd like, whenever you'd like, and get paid.
Finding TikTok-friendly campaigns.
At the moment, not all Plug campaigns are allowed on TikTok. Be sure to only promote campaigns that include a "TikTok Ok" tag on them:
Any campaign with "TikTok Ok" showing is a campaign that's allowed to be promoted on TiKTok — those without are not allowed to be promoted on TikTok at this time.
Custom ads earn the most.
Important: Before you are allowed to run any ads not currently in the Plug app, you first need to submit them for approval.
With TikTok, we're seeing that custom ads that feature your own page's custom content generate the highest earnings. That said, in total, there are 3 types of TikTok ad styles to try out:
1. Native content, with an ad/testimonial at the end: This is the highest earning style of ad we've seen so far. It usually is 20-50 seconds of content you'd normally post, with the final 5-10 seconds being the promotion you're running. Check out this video as an example!
2. Custom TikTok-style ad featuring you: The second highest performing ad style would be a TikTok post that's entirely meant to promote the Plug campaign you're running. Here's an example of what this could look like.
3. Sharing an existing ad from the Plug app: Finally, the easiest way to start promoting your Plug campaign would be to share an existing ad that's in the Plug app. You can find any existing ads within the app by heading to the Campaigns tab, or check out the top performing ads over in the Highlights tab. We recommend sharing the TikTok-style ads, if you're going with an ad right from the app.
Be careful not to use incentivisation!
In short, incentivizing is offering something in reward for something else. With influencer marketing, this is usually offering a follow, DM, prize, etc. in return for downloading from your referral link.
Example 1: "If you download the app in my bio, I'll give you a shoutout!" — this is clearly offering a shoutout in return for someone downloading from your links.
Example 2: "Download the app in my bio to join my group in the game!" — this also is incentivizing by offering the ability to join your group in return for downloading the game.
You should never be offering anything (even just offering your followers the option to beat your score) in return for downloading from your links.
How do I submit my custom ads?
Once you've got your custom ad created, we'll need to get it approved.
If you head to the Campaigns tab in the Plug, you’ll see the available ad campaigns we have for you. For many, you should see a big plus (+) icon alongside the text, “Submit your own media” — these are the campaigns you’re able to submit custom ads for.
Tap the '+' icon and upload your custom ad to submit it to us for approval.
Once you've submitted your own custom ads, hang tight for it to be approved. Ads are approved in as little as 30 minutes, and no longer than 24hrs*. You'll see the status of your approval in-app.
*If you need an ad approval expedited, reach out to our team!
Reposting is OK!
It is entirely okay to re-post the same ad you've created multiple times. Sometimes we've seen ads perform better the second—or even third— time they've been posted.
Leave your ads up, earn more!
With TikTok, we're seeing that influencers who leave their ads up are able to bring in earnings from multiple ads at once. This is because when people discover your page they tend to view multiple posts — this can give you the chance to earn from a few ads at once!
Here's how to get setup for this:
- Setup a LinkTree (or similar link page) that you can put all the Plug campaign links you're promoting into. This will be the link you put in your TikTok bio.
- Important: Please ensure you have #ad above your link in your TikTok bio or in the title to each one of your links in your LinkTree (more info). Our same incent rules count here; no external motivation allowed on the page.
- Promote as usual being sure to leave your ad posts up so they can start generating some extra $$ for you!
Other Helpful Resources
- Getting started with the Plug
- Plug Influencer Guidelines
- More information on campaign pricing
- Earn more with Custom Media Submissions
- (NEW) Learn how Khalil earns more than $2,000/day through the Plug
Thoughts, comments, questions? We know this can be a bit tricky and are always around to help; please don’t hesitate to get in touch via email at email@example.com or directly within your Plug app if you have any questions for us at all!