Exciting news: We’ve launched a new series called Campaign Highlights. These will provide more information on how to maximize your earnings for our top campaigns. This includes custom ad advice, ad examples, campaign-specific rules/guidance, and more.
Let's talk about Fitness Coach
Fitness Coach is a home fitness app that gives users customized workouts, nutritional plans, and targeted exercises based on a user's interests and fitness goals.
TikTok Ad Creation
When promoting Fitness Coach on TikTok, we highly suggest creating your own custom ad to run on your page. These convert at a much higher rate on TikTok than our pre-made ads resulting in much higher earning potential.
Selling points and proven content ideas
👉 If you want to get in shape, use Fitness Coach for personalized workouts – You can use genuine testimonial style content to highlight some specific app features like targeted exercises and custom workout routines. This is best done when starting with a relatable hook such as “Want to get in shape before summer is over”, “Feeling out of shape because of quarantine, I’ve got what you need to get your dream body”, “A lot of people are asking me what I do to workout...”, etc. In addition to discussing app features, this style benefits greatly from using in-app footage via TikTok’s green screen feature.
👉 Use health and fitness related skits or story-times to generate interest and installs – The most important aspect of monetizing on TikTok is making sure that your video gets picked up by the algorithm. Starting with related content that isn’t immediately an ad is a great way to optimize your chances. It gives you the opportunity to create genuine content while still promoting! Some examples of this might be “Top 5 tips for being your best self in COVID”, “Want to show you my morning routine”, “I’ve been trying to get in shape for awhile now…”, etc.
👉 Do a live demo to show how the app works and perform a few exercises – We’ve seen these work very well, especially if working out is something you’re genuinely interested in. These ads perform best when showing a combination of in app footage and acting out the associated exercises based on a custom plan you choose in the app. This adds a personal touch to the content, and enables creators to encourage positive habits for their audience!
👉 Use your sense of humor in comedic skits about getting in shape – While Fitness Coach has strong rules against offensive content, they do encourage influencers to make ads that are genuine to their style as long as the ad remains relevant to the value proposition of the app! We’ve seen lots of success starting a comedic skit related to fitness, and tying in a hook for the app at the end!
👉 You can also drop a short ad in the middle or end of an unrelated piece of content (just make sure the ad is at least 7 seconds in length!) – One of the best ways to ensure that your content continues to get picked up by the TikTok algo is to—well—not change it! We’ve many influencers integrate ads into the middle of their content like a mini-ad break, which has let to strong performance.
👉 While likely the least effective on the list, dances with bubble text are still a good way to generate earnings – This native content style can be effective when enough context and information is given about the app via on screen bubble text. It’s one of the easiest ways to monetize with the Plug. Just make sure you’ve taken at least 7 seconds to message the Fitness Coach’s features!
General tactics to help your ad hit the ‘For You’ page & maximize earnings!
👉 Keep it native – If your audience knows what you're sharing is a non-genuine ad, it can often have a negative impact on total # of views. More views = more $ so to ensure your best chances of that happening, we suggest one of the following:
- Weave the value prop of the app into a skit or storyline
- Add a targeted ad at the end of your content. This tends to only work if your video is > 20-30 seconds in length with at least 7 seconds of your ad being specifically about the app you're promoting.
👉 Make it relevant – Show yourself using the app or green screen over a screen recording of the app! If that’s not your thing, make sure to share some details about the app itself. This will lead to a higher conversion rate once your followers land on the App Store page. This should also produce better users, which will lead to higher payouts over time!
👉 Include a call-to-action – It’s important that your followers know to download the app via your link in bio rather than searching for it in the App store. Best practice is to green screen in front of your profile and point directly to the link. If using Linktree, it’s good to point to the specific link within.
👉 Take advantage of Linktree - Using Linktree is a great way to develop a big base of passive income with the Plug because it enables you to promote more than one ad at a time. Each time you have a piece of content that hits the FYP it will bring new followers to your page. These new followers will look through your older video and see the various ads you’ve posted. This means that you will continue to earn $ weeks after you post an ad!
Fitness Coach Specific Rules
- Do NOT use unrelated or offensive media
- Do NOT attempt to incentivize users to download with any reward or external motivation other than the function of the app
- Do Not advertise the app as "Free"
- Do NOT attempt to mislead users to the function or value of the app
- Do NOT make false claims or attempt to mislead users to the function or value of the app
- Ads must NOT contain "before-and-after" images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results. Ad content must not imply or attempt to generate negative self-perception in order to promote diet, weight loss, or other health related products.
Plug Specific Rules
- Be truthful and do not make false claims about your personal usage or the expected outcomes from using the app.
- Do not incentivize or provide external motivation to download an app other than the app’s features or your experience with an app itself. Learn more about incent here.
- Do not use racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or any other offensive content within your ad.